This question is asked surprisingly often on Instagram.
Already answered for everyone in DMs, but decided to record a video as well to send it whenever will have to answer this question next time.
For those who Are on hurry:
The online code repository is the must. Even for your own pocket projects.
I’m using GitHub.
Three main delivery ways and related actions:
- Just pushing code to the customer's online code repository
- pushing code to the customers or own online code repository + handle customers App release process.
- push code to own repository + keep and release App from own AppStore account. Highly recommend registering a separate account for that.
If the customer doesn’t have own code repository I’m sending archived Xcode project (zip) at the end of the work to deliver source code. Then the customer can continue to work with another developer if that will be needed.
Pros/Cons of keeping the app in the own iTunes Connect account:
❎ On the positive side:
- income from support
- better contact with a customer may generate future work
- if the app is not actively updated, outdated app or even MVP in portfolio
- all the apps are under the one account if the account will be blocked because any of them, all the apps will be impacted.
Mitigation: keep customers apps separate accounts.